Legislators in Florida have been developing the state’s regulations on industrial hemp and CBD generated from hemp since the Hemp Farming Act of 2018 was passed, giving states the authority to regulate and set frameworks for hemp and hemp-derived goods.
Recently, Florida has changed its mind about legalizing medical marijuana. Patients who are suffering from one of the recognized medical illnesses and have a license to use medicinal marijuana can now lawfully obtain large amounts of THC if they wish to do so. However, cannabidiol (CBD) may offer many of the same advantages as THC without the psychoactive effect. As a direct result of this, there has recently been a surge in the market for cannabidiol. Finding high-quality CBD oil products in Florida is most accessible via the internet. It’s less expensive, more up-to-date, and provides access to crucial third-party lab tests at your convenience.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid extracted from cannabis. It is high in CBD but low in THC. CBD does not provide the same intoxicating effects as marijuana. Since its legalization in 2014, CBD oil can be purchased from any Arizona medical marijuana shop, as described by Mead (2019). On top of that, it’s sold as a dietary supplement and can be bought online. Since its legalization, CBD oil has been included in manufacturing the following; Edibles, tinctures, topical creams, vape oil, and patches for sore muscles.
There are three categories of CBD;
- Broad-spectrum: This has the majority of the chemicals found in the cannabis plant. Broad-spectrum products, as opposed to full-spectrum drugs, include minute quantities of THC.
- Full-Spectrum; Consists of the entire cannabis plant. The THC content of full-spectrum products is less than 0.3%.
- CBD Isolate: Does not include THC or any other cannabinoids besides CBD. Isolated CBD products might not have any noticeable effects.
Florida CBD Laws
Many adjustments have been made to Florida’s CBD laws in recent years. Martin & Rashidian (2014) stated that medicinal marijuana with at least 10% CBD and no more than.8% THC is permitted in Florida for patients with cancer, muscle spasms, seizures, and terminal illness, thanks to the state’s first medical marijuana program. The state’s medical marijuana program was dramatically expanded in 2016 when voters adopted Amendment 2, which does not permit smokable marijuana. Legislators in Florida passed SB 182 in March 2019 after the state’s highest court overturned a ban on smoking marijuana. Medical marijuana users can now purchase cannabis oils and edibles with potent doses of THC and CBD.
Florida’s CBD oil laws can be boiled down to one bill: SB 1020, which was passed in July of this year. This statute resulted in numerous significant shifts: Hemp, defined by the law as a plant containing less than.3% THC by weight, is now explicitly permitted in SB 1020, which is consistent with the 2018 Farm Bill. Hemp extracts, defined under the law as any substance generated from lawful hemp plants that do not contain other restricted substances, are likewise legal. SB 1020, which legalizes CBD in particular, makes it clear that cannabinoids derived from hemp are not categorized as Schedule I or II drugs. A state license is required to cultivate hemp and process hemp products like CBD oil. Hemp products must also pass testing by a certified, third-party lab to ensure they are THC- and contamination-free and contain less than 0.3% THC.
Florida CBD Possession Limits
Florida has not established limits on how much CBD a person may possess. People who get a recommendation from their physician can purchase and use up to four ounces of medicinal marijuana from a dispensary in states that have legalized the use of marijuana for medical purposes.
Purchasing CBD In Florida
It is unclear whether kinds of firms in Florida are allowed to offer CBD and related items like CBD oil. Hemp-derived CBD products are widely available online and in many brick-and-mortar establishments, including convenience stores, health food stores, CBD shops, eateries, and coffeehouses. CBD is widely available both online and in retail stores.
According to Campbell et al. (2021), online retailers offer the best selection of high-quality CBD oil in Florida, and it is safe and convenient to buy there. The prices shown by online retailers are typically lower than those of physical stores. Buying in bulk and taking advantage of discounts might help you save quite a bit. Online buying is more convenient than going to a physical store since you can easily compare prices and features across multiple vendors without spending time and gas driving around town. You will always have the upper hand if you make your purchases online because of the time you save researching the company and the products.
Tips When Purchasing CBD In Florida
Follow these tips when purchasing CBD in Florida;
- Steer clear of CBD vendors making outlandish claims. Although CBD can be helpful for various medical issues, it is not a miracle medicine. You should go elsewhere if a business advertises its CBD oil may treat cancer or other serious diseases.
- Never buy from a company whose products can’t be backed up by lab findings. Independent lab tests will determine if the CBD content of the product is the same as what is claimed on the label. Heavy metals, pesticides, solvents, and mycotoxins are some of the nasties they’ll check for. You shouldn’t put your faith in a business if you can’t find the lab reports on their website or get them upon request.
- Opt for a full-spectrum CBD oil. To include the term “full spectrum” on a product’s label indicates that it was created utilizing the entire hemp plant and thus has all of the plant’s beneficial components. The body can metabolize CBD better when combined with other cannabinoids like terpenes and flavonoids. Because of this quality, full-spectrum extracts are thought to be more potent than isolates.
- CBD oil should come from organically grown hemp. Hemp plants are bio accumulators, which means they take in both beneficial and harmful elements from their environment. For the best CBD oils, look for those produced from organic hemp cultivated in open-air farms free of chemicals and growth promoters, as this is the case in Florida.
- Use items that were extracted using carbon dioxide instead. Since CO2 extraction doesn’t necessitate the use of any extra heat or solvents, it’s the superior approach for producing CBD products. Products extracted using carbon dioxide retain their potency across batches and do not contain any hazardous solvent residue. CO2 extraction requires specialized, high-priced machinery; therefore, the decision to invest in it shows a commitment to excellence.
Guidelines for Interpreting CBD Product Labels
A legal CBD product in Florida must have the following information on the label to be distributed and sold inside the state:
- A barcode or QR code that can be scanned to access a certificate proving that the goods have passed laboratory inspection.
- Expiration date.
- Batch number of the product.
- The website with all batch information
- Milligrams of hemp extract per one serving.
- Clarify that the amount of THC in the product is below the legal limit.3 percent.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Florida
Delta 8 is available for purchase in Florida, albeit it is up to the buyer to conduct any necessary quality assurance testing. Delta 8 could be a viable option if you don’t meet Florida’s medical marijuana program requirements. It’s pretty similar to delta 9 THC (the cannabinoid in marijuana responsible for the high), but it’s less intense and has fewer adverse effects. Delta 8 is generally derived from hemp, which is recognized as lawful on a federal basis. However, verify local regulations before purchasing it, as it has been prohibited in several places.
How to Buy Delta 8 THC
According to Richtel (2021), most stores selling CBD will also sell delta 8, so be on the lookout. Products sold in local retailers are rarely tested, increasing the risk of contamination later in the supply chain. Similar to our recommendation that you search for CBD online, this is where you will have the best success finding delta 8. The key factors are security, ease of use, variety, and cost, and not even that should be enough to sway your opinion.
The state of Florida has changed its stand on cannabis recently. Patients in Florida with valid medical marijuana cards now have access to high-THC strains as an alternative therapeutic option according to the state’s new, comprehensive medicinal marijuana program. Don’t stress out if you haven’t yet obtained a medicinal marijuana license. Florida is a prime location for shopping for hemp goods in the USA. Premium CBD products can be purchased offline and online from retailers and distributors. To avoid issues with fake or poorly made goods and inflated pricing, it is highly recommended that you locate a reliable internet retailer. CBD oils should always be sourced from organic hemp, extracted using CO2, and quality-controlled by a third-party lab to guarantee purity and efficacy.
Campbell, S. M., Anderson, S. L., Brym, Z. T., & Pearson, B. J. (2021). Evaluation of substrate composition and exogenous hormone application on vegetative propagule rooting success of essential oil hemp (Cannabis sativa L.). Plos one, 16(7), e0249160.
Martin, A., & Rashidian, N. (2014). A new leaf: The end of cannabis prohibition. New Press, The.
Mead, A. (2019). Legal and regulatory issues governing cannabis and cannabis-derived products in the United States. Frontiers in plant science, 10, 697.
Richtel, M. (2021). This drug gets you high and is legal (maybe) across the country. The New York Times.