FourfiveCBD is a UK-based CBD brand founded by two former England national rugby professional players Dominic Day and George Kruis. Having spent most of their lives playing rugby for club and country, the two are not strange to injuries. From the onset, the two experienced firsthand the therapeutic benefits of CBD and how useful that was in supporting their active lifestyles. This gave them the impetus to create quality, safe, and third-party tested CBD products for the marketplace that consumers could trust. Specifically, FourfiveCBD aims to produce a sport line of CBD products geared towards boosting wellness, aiding recovery, and soothing pain.
To achieve that, the company was set up in 2018 to create products containing all-natural, premium, and non-addictive ingredients. Since the founders understood the life of a professional, the company opted to use extraction criteria that produced THC-free CBD products, therefore making them ideal for athletes and professional sportspeople. On the company website, FourfiveCBD’s mission is pretty clear: its founders set out to help people lead happier and healthier lifestyles via the therapeutic potential of CBD, among other plant-based medicinal ingredients.
Most CBD brands in the marketplace today are struggling with reputation and integrity issues regarding their products. George and Dom, however, sort to produce quality products formulated using all-natural and organic ingredients with accurate and transparent label claims. FourfiveCBD offers a limited but decent range of products, including capsules, creams, and CBD oil sprays – all of which target athletes and the general population struggling with chronic pain, information, and muscle aches and soreness.
The company is relatively new to the CBD market scene, but the founders credit its success solely to dedication to the quality, purity, and consistency of its product line. Besides, they use organically grown hemp from Croatia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Holland. That, coupled with their industry-standard supercritical CO2 extraction methods, THC-free full & broad-spectrum extracts, and third-party lab testing criteria, makes FourfiveCBD a trusted brand in the UK for pro athletes who may be tested from time to time.
About the Company
FourfiveCBD is a UK-based CBD sports line founded in 2018 by two rugby pro athletes, George Kruis and Dominic Day, who discovered CBD’s relief for chronic pain and general wellness and were inspired to share the benefits of this natural alternative with athletes and individuals leading active lifestyles. The headquarters is based in St. Albans, the UK. If you think about it, athletes for a long time have dreaded the impact banned substances such as cannabis can have on their careers, not to mention the longstanding societal stigma attached to marijuana.
FourfiveCBD is a ceiling breaker in terms of how they have demystified cannabis use by fostering it for chronic pain, muscle aches, and inflammation. As you would expect, athletes are no strangers to injuries. While most players and athletes seek prescriptively and over-the-counter therapies for pain and recovery, they do come with long-term side effects. But thanks to Day and Kruis, their isolates, broad-spectrum, and full-spectrum CBD products are a breath of fresh air to the athletics community. Essentially, FourfiveCBD is a sports line CBD brand designed with organic and all-natural ingredients to fit perfectly into the routine of athletes. Their product catalog is also THC-free, which is vital to most players.
At the time of writing this review, the brand is close to being awarded a Safety Badge, which is a product of their manufacturing and quality-controlled extraction and product formulation process from hemp seed to sale. The company doesn’t hide who they are. If you visit their website, all aspects you would expect from a top brand such as customer service, accuracy, transparency, and third-party testing reports are available. That is why the company scored highly in the latest Leafreport data that analyses the credibility of CBD brands. The only downside, however, is that FourfiveCBD does not disclose information regarding impurities and contaminants. Nonetheless, the company enjoys a stellar reputation because of its clean and proven products that cater to the needs of athletes.
FourfiveCBD’s Certifications, Affiliates, and Awards
With only three years in the market, the FourfiveCBD brand has already received the following awards and certifications; thanks to its outstanding customer attendance and quality products.
- The company brags a Banned Substances Control Group (BSCG) certification for all their products. This body is responsible for testing the cannabinoid integrity of samples. BSCG checks illegal levels of THC, as well as the presence of impurities and contaminants such as pesticides, herbicides, synthetic cannabinoids, and heavy metals.
- FourfiveCBD has been awarded an Innovation Badge for being the pioneer CBD brand that caters to the needs of athletes.
- The company’s CBD Muscle Balm received an Award-winning isolate award.
Overall, FourfiveCBD is a top CBD brand that promises clean and effective products that can help athletes and active players to relieve pain and optimize recovery and general health. By doing so, reduce the over-reliance on prescriptive pain relievers and anti-inflammatory tablets. The founders featured in a 2018 BBC article where they expressed their goal of fostering quality, organic, and high-grade products aimed to boost general wellness by aiding recovery and soothing pain.
The FourfiveCBD Brand Specifications
- The company sources its hemp from the European Union (EU).
- It uses supercritical CO2 in its CBD extraction method.
- It offers international shipping to the UK and Ireland.
- The price ranges from $30 to $90.
- Its CBD products have a strength of between 300 mg and 2000 mg.
- The company does not offer a money-back guarantee.
- It does not have a military veteran discount.
- It offers tastes and flavors.
- The price per mg of CBD ranges between $0.05 and $0.1.
- Extract types – Full-spectrum, Broad spectrum, Isolate.
- Consumption Method – Capsules, Creams and topicals, tinctures, and drops.
The CBD marketplace is currently plagued by fraudulent brands that offer products with inaccurate label claims and misinformation. That is because brands engage in cultivation and manufacturing processes that are not certified. FourfiveCBD, on the other hand, transpires honesty, accuracy, transparency, and quality control in their manufacturing processes. For the company, the quality of their CBD products is attributed to three main factors, namely:
- CBD oil is sourced from high-grade and superior quality hemp. On their website, the company says its hemp is sourced from the European Union, including countries like the Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, and the Czech Republic. CBD-rich hemp from these countries is a pivotal element as to why FourfiveCBD produces premium products.
- FourfiveCBD utilizes the supercritical CO2 extraction method for most of their products, with some extracts being obtained via solvent extraction. When it comes to quality CBD oil, the CO2 extraction method is the industry standard procedure used to obtain CBD extracts with their cannabinoid and phytonutrient integrity intact. The company opts for this method despite it being time-consuming and more expensive. But CBD obtained via CO2 extraction is higher in concentration and has low levels of THC, plus no solvent residues in the final product.
- The other factor that contributes to the reliability and credibility of FourfiveCBD products is their third-party testing, which is conducted by ISO certified independent laboratories run following BSCG regulations. At such facilities, the independent tester evaluates the safety, ingredient concentrations, cannabinoid integrity, and authenticity of their products. This is of significance because most dietary supplements we use day today – and this will surprise you – are not third-party tested. The latest Leafreport study that involved 55 CBD brands revealed that out of that number, 31 bore inaccurate label claims, with CBD and THC concentrations being different from what was labeled on the packages.
Overall, FourfiveCBD attaches a lot of importance to its manufacturing processes from seed to sale. Whether it is the all-natural and organic hemp and formulation ingredients, or the third-party lab testing results, the company goes to the moon and back to instill confidence in their products. Luckily, it does rightly so because few brands could be said to enjoy a reputation as FourfiveCBD does. Their 100% natural and organic ingredient, along with their extraction methods and third-party testing practices made the company achieve BSCG certification in record time. Besides, their THC-free product line is ideal for athletes and sportspeople who may be tested for banned substances.
The BSCG group is the UK’s body that is responsible for testing the authenticity of dietary supplements. Moreover, according to their report, a 30ml bottle of FourfiveCBD’s oil contains 1000mg of CBD, which represents 35.15mg of CBD per serving.
Range of Products
FourfiveCBD offers a limited but decent range of products nonetheless, and each category comes with varying strengths. The company offers quick-release CBD oil sprays, CBD balms, and capsules that are all designed to aid post-workout/activity recovery, pain relief, and general wellness. Below is a description of FourfiveCBD’s product line:
Pure CBD Oil
These are the most popular products from FourfiveCBD. The company offers its pure CBD oil in the form of tinctures formulated using broad-spectrum, full-spectrum, and CBD isolates. Examples of the products under this category include:
- 1000mg CBD oil tincture, 33.33mg/ml.
- 500mg CBD oil tincture, 16.67mg/ml.
- 2000mg CBD oil tincture, 66.67mg/ml.
- 1000mg Pro CBD oil tincture with Vitamin D, 33.33mg/ml.
CBD Oil Sprays
This is the latest addition to the FourfiveCBD product line. CBD oil sprays come packaged in bottles designed for quick release. Available potencies include:
- 500mg CBD oil spray.
- 1000mg CBD oil spray.
- 2000mg CBD oil spray.
CBD Oil Capsules
The company offers long-acting CBD capsules that are available in varying strengths, including the 300mg and 600mg capsule bottles.
The company offers balms and creams for topical application around the affected area. Examples of products under this category include:
- 300mg CBD Joint Gel, 3mg/ml.
- 300mg CBD Muscle Rub, 6.67mg/ml.
As mentioned above, the company is quite bold as to the quality of its products. But how true is that? If you are asking yourself what FourfiveCBD products are like, worry not. We ordered several products from the company and we would like to offer our honest verdict, based on their customer service, delivery, and usage. Below are some of their popular products, each with a review.
FourfiveCBD Muscle Rub
CBD Muscle rub is one of the company’s mainstream products. When it was first delivered, we were impressed with the discreet packaging, with a BSCG certified label. This means it has undergone thorough testing and is safe for high-performance athletes who require regular testing for banned substances.
On the ingredient list, the muscle rub was formulated using isolate CBD extract, with the addition of active ingredients such as menthol, all of which are ideal for athletes. When we first opened it, the fragrance was nice, and the menthol leaves a soothing and cooling sensation. However, the downside to this muscle rub is that it was formulated using CBD isolate. This denies users of the extra benefits of the broad-spectrum or the full-spectrum CBD.
500mg FourfiveCBD Oil
Another product we tested from them was the 500mg pure CBD oil. Our general analysis is that the product was similar to other low-potency products we have used previously. However, we liked its natural grassy flavor of hemp. Each drop of this oil contains 1mg of CBD, which veteran CBD users would consider quite low. For our case, we had to consume more than 20 drops to achieve our daily dosage. The 500mg CBD oil is formulated using broad-spectrum CBD extract, along with MCT coconut as a carrier oil.
CBD Oil Spray
This is the third product we ordered from the company. The company’s most popular product is its CBD oil tincture. However, the CBD Oil spray is the latest addition to their product line, and we found this as an interesting way to administer CBD. The different preparations of the CBD spray we ordered include;
- 1000mg CBD oil 0% THC
- 2000mg CBD oil (High strength)
- 1000mg CBD oil (Medium Strength)
- 500mg CBD oil (Low strength)
According to the usage directives, the product is meant for sublingual intake, and it is recommended that you spray your discreet dosage under the tongue, and hold it there for 30 to 60 minutes to allow for rapid absorption and effect.
Overall, what we liked about the CBD spray was the whole idea of administering CBD as a punch in quite a short time, which is quite ingenious. The spray comes in a 30ml bottle containing 240 sprays, with every spray delivering up to 2mg of CBD.
This is another product we had firsthand experience with. Having been there, we would confidently say the capsules are designed for slow-release and one serving can maintain steady levels of CBD in the body. Unlike CBD oil sprays that offer rapid effects to the body, capsules offer a sustained relief, with desired effects lasting longer.
CBD balms are an effective way of targeting a specific area of the body with CBD. They are meant for topical application for focused relief to joints or muscles experiencing pain and soreness. As per the company usage instructions, it would be best to start with lower concentrations and proceed accordingly.
As mentioned earlier, FourfiveCBD is committed to transparency and does not hide who they are and what they produce; something that most CBD brands are not ready to do due to the misinformation about their products. The company is open as to what is involved in their manufacturing process, ingredients, cannabinoid concentrations, as well as third-party lab reports. Moreover, the company provides an email address, a UK contact number, and a postal address to their headquarters, which is based in St. Albans, the UK. The only downside is they don’t have a live onsite chatbox for instant response to inquiries.
Labels and Product Web Pages
The FourfiveCBD website is organized in a manner that all visitors can easily navigate. All products have a dedicated product page that is filled with concise and relevant information in summary. The details outlined for each product include:
- The consumption method.
- Usage instructions.
- Potency and concentrations.
- Extraction method.
- Third-party testing reports, including the BSCG certification.
CBD products’ accuracy and ingredients are also vital aspects that most companies have failed to value while marketing their products. Anyone trying CBD products for the first time would like to see all the information about the product before buying. Therefore, FourfiveCBD has mastered this aspect and works by disclosing everything for clarity.
Regarding accuracy, the company discloses an analysis report for every product batch. In this section, what is indicated is the concentration of CBD product and the amount of CBD in milligrams you get per serving. When we checked the product details for CBD oil spray, the product page indicated a 0.00 to 0.2% THC level. The BSCG report also revealed the sample is free of microbes, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, among other contaminants.
Since its establishment in 2018, the company has had a meteoric rise to become a top CBD sports line brand in the UK and Ireland, and currently enjoys a stellar reputation that, according to the founders Kruis and Day, the sky is the only limit to their plans. The company started to seek sustainable alternatives to pain relief and recovery from injuries, but over a short time has become the first BSCG certified CBD company that offers quality and safe CBD products designed for use with athletes, players, and individuals leading an active lifestyle. However, we found scanty customer engagement on their social forums.
Shipping and Buying Experience
FourfiveCBD offers free shipping on all orders above 50 pounds. However, customers placing orders of over 50 pounds incur an extra charge of 2.5 pounds. As for deliveries, the company states on the website that all packages take between 1 to 2 business days, which is what we had too. Overall, the buying experience was great right from the time we got in contact with FourfiveCBD up to the time we received our packages. However, customers outside the UK and Ireland are disadvantaged because the company offers products to those within its jurisdictions only.
First, it is worth noting that we know FourfiveCBD through one of our affiliates who had been using their products for quite some time. So naturally, we did some due diligence on their background, including customer service and reviews. When we checked the company’s Facebook page, we were impressed with their response time. Typically, the company replies to inquiries within hours, and their robust customer service is vital for customer satisfaction.
What We Like About the Company
- Their product line is limited yet decent and contains both quick-release CBD oil sprays and long-acting products like balms and capsules.
- They have robust shipping and customer support.
- All their products are third-party tested and their cannabinoid integrity of CBD and THC is intact.
What We Don’t Like About the Company
- The company doesn’t offer international shipping, except for those in the UK and Ireland.
- The refund policy is inconclusive, and the company doesn’t offer a money-back satisfaction guarantee.
- It is relatively new in the CBD marketplace and customers engagement in their social media forums is still scanty.
- Their prices are comparatively higher for similar potencies and CBD quantities offered by other top brands.
Our Overall Verdict
FourfiveCBD is a relatively newer brand of CBD, having been founded in 2018 by two rugby players, but is gaining traction as a provider of high-grade, all-natural, and organic CBD products. The company’s mission is to produce high-quality products that can help athletes, players, and individuals leading active lifestyles to boost overall wellness. The products also help in speeding recovery, relieving pain, and lowering inflammation. Therefore, having used some of their products, we can confidently say FourfiveCBD is the right company for you if you are looking to experience CBD differently.
- How Can CBD Help Prevent Migraines - January 7, 2023
- Delta 8 THC in connecticut: is it legal & where to buy it in 2022? - October 25, 2022
- Delta 8 THC in colorado: is it legal & where to buy it in 2022? - October 25, 2022